This summer, Long Island Tennis Magazine is sponsoring a series of Beach Tennis USA tournaments, the Long Island Tennis Magazine Challenge, in Long Beach, N.Y. at the Allegria Hotel. With three highly successful challenges already having taken place, this weekend's fourth leg is set for Aug. 6-7 and is a can't miss event. These weekends are highly competitive, but also great fun. There are tournaments for singles and doubles, as well as for amateurs and pros ... something for everyone!
There will be music and drinks, along with free beach passes for players, and what better way to spend the day than at the beach with great people and great competition. It doesn't matter if you are a pro or you just want to try the sport out as a first-time player, come on down this weekend for some fun in the sun!
The Pro draw will be playing for BTUSA American Ranking Points, as well as ITF World Ranking Points. There will be $1,500 total in prize money on the line for the pros as well. Liberty Travel/Sandals will also be donating a gift basket, valued at $150 to the winner of the Men's Singles draw. The Amateur Division will be playing for great prizes and trophies as well.
Schedule of Play for the Long Island Tennis Magazine Challenge Tournament
►Saturday, August 6
• Men’s Pro: Check-in at 9:00 a.m. play starts at 10:00 a.m.
• Women’s Pro: Check-in at 11:00 a.m. play starts at noon
• Men's & Women's Amateur Singles: Check in at 2:00 p.m. play starts at 3:00 p.m.
►Sunday, August 7
• Men’s & Women’s Amateurs: Check-in at 10:00 a.m. and play starts at 11:00 a.m.
• Pro Singles: Check-in at 11:00 a.m. and play begins at noon.
• Open Mixed Doubles: Check in 3:00 p.m. play starts at 4:00 p.m.
• Juniors (14 and under): Check-in at 11:00 a.m. play starts at noon
Entry fees for tournaments
• Men's & Women's Pros: $35 per player
• Men’s & Women’s Pro Singles: $20 per player
• Men's & Women's Amateurs: $20 per player
• Men’s & Women’s Amateur Singles: $10 per player
• Juniors: $10 per player
• Open Mixed-Doubles: $20 per player
To pre-register for the event call Beach Tennis USA at (516) 328-0000 or visit www.beachtennisusa.net. You can also register on-site at the event. Paddles will be available to buy and rent.
See you at the beach!